Thursday 30 June 2016

Day 30 - 30 Days Wild - A look back over the month

* Today's random act of wildness -  a lookback over #30DaysWild

So today is the last day of #30DaysWild - what an amazing 30 days it has been. When i started I set myself a few goals to achieve in the 30 days they were...
  1. Spot a kingfisher - Check :)
  2. A visit to Skomer Island Check :)
  3. Plant wild flowers and see what they attract Check :)
  4. Go camping
  5. Listen to dawn chorus 
  6. Go star gazing Check :)
  7. Making my own suet coconuts for the birds
  8. Litter pick to create a better environment for wildlife
  9. Make a tasty moth syrup and see what shows up Check :)
  10. Do a reptile survey for ARC Check :)
  11. Trip to see the Ospreys at Dyfi Check :)
  12. Create my own bird table
  13. Beach combing Check :)

I only managed to do 8 out of 13, but I am very happy with what we achieved. The main one was seeing a kingfisher - that was a pretty awesome day to finally see the one bird I wanted to see all my life. The other great day was seeing the puffins at Skomer, I have been before but I never get bored of seeing those lovely little birds.


Some interesting facts from this month's #30DaysWild:
  • Spotted over 100 different animals (including 60 different species of birds)
  • Visited over 15 places
  • Saw my first kingfisher (did I already mention that?)
  • Met lots of lovey people through #30DaysWild Twitter & Facebook Pages.

Even though #30dayswild have now ended I will still continue to 'Stay Wild' and will document it on my other blog http://sands-walks.blogspot.co.uk/ :)

Roll on 2017, until then 'Stay Wild'!

No comments:

Post a Comment