Sunday 19 June 2016

Day 19 - 30 Days Wild - Bognor flowers & birds

* Today's random act of wildness - Flowers of Bognor *

Today is Father's Days so I would like to wish my late dad Glen Happy Father's Day. It's been over 20 years since my dad was taken from us and I miss him everyday - He was so funny and love the outdoors and nature just like me. He used to take me on walks and I remember going bird watching with him from a very young age. The below photo is how I remember him, just chilling and enjoying the outdoors :)


We were spending this year's Father's Day in Bognor with Dan's dad who lives literally a stone's throw from the beach. In the morning we had another walk on the beach, the tide was in this time, but there was no sign of the egrets like yesterday. There were lots of flowers along the grassy verge...

Lots of Sea Kale
Seaside Daisy
Jupiter's Beard
Small ground flowers (need to ID)
Pretty lilac colour plant that was full of bees (need IDing)

When we walked back to Dan's Dad's house we notice lots of starlings on the rooftops. There were alot of young ones with them. On the ground we saw the most adorable fledgling - we believe it is either a dunnock or robin?

Lots of starlings...
...on the roofs - Can you spot the wood pigeon?
A robin or dunnock fledgling? Can anyone confirm which one?
The tide was in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment