Sunday 26 June 2016

Day 26 - 30 Days Wild - Painting on a rainy day


* Today's random act of wildness - painting a kingfisher *

Today is a very wet and dull day, so I have spend hours updating my blog on some of the wild things I have done over the last few days - My legs are quite tired from Skomer yesterday too, so a day of chilling out is on the cards.

It's been awhile since I have picked up a paintbrush, but I have wanted to draw/paint a kingfisher since I saw one a few weeks ago. I have sketched out the composition of my painting and added a splash of colour on it...

Step One - A basic pencil sketch of the kingfisher
Step Two - A quick wet wash with splashes of colour

Step Three - Starting to fill in some detail

Check out my blog tomorrow for the finish piece, in the meantime here are some of the paintings I did last year...


Watercolour of Blue Tit
Watercolour of Red Fox
Watercolour of Kingfisher
Watercolour of Barn Owl

I have a Facebook page with some of my other artwork...check it out https://www.facebook.com/sandsartwork/

No comments:

Post a Comment